"Having made several visits to New Caledonia over the past 9 years we believe that the islands to the south and east of the New Caledonia mainland are the best kept secret in the pacific.
Go to www.newcaledonia.travel/au/islands to find out more about this special destination
Now you can Clear into New Caledonia in the Loyalty Islands with the Down Under Rally !
Normally you can not stop anywhere in New Caledonia without first having cleared into the country and the only official clearance port is Noumea on the western side of the country.
This often means that many yachts do not get to visit one of the most pristine cruising destinations that the pacific has to offer, the Loyalty Islands which are on the eastern side of New Caledonia.
The Down Under Rally has made arrangements for a limited number of yachts to be permitted to arrive in Lifou in the Loyalty Islands and obtain full customs, immigration & biosecurity clearance.
By joining the Down Under Rally- "Loyalty Islands Rally" you will be able to cruise the Loyalty Islands and the southern New Caledonia Lagoon, including Ile de Pins before continuing on to Noumea.
Watch this video from when we visited in 2017
new caledonia-loyalty islands Rally Information
The purpose of the Down Under Rally "Loyalty Islands Rally" is to provide vessels heading to New Caledonia with the opportunity to be able to make the most of their time in New Caledonia by providing them with the opportunity to obtain full clearance into the country in the Loyalty Islands and allow them to experience more of the New Caledonia's magnificent cruising grounds especially those in the east and to the south that are often difficult if not impossible to return to from Noumea in the time available.
To make this opportunity possible the Down Under Rally are flying in the officials from the mainland to perform the clearance of vessels who are participating in the rally and a such, clearance of the participating vessels can only take place in the location below on the date and time stipulated.
The rally is open to all vessels who are sailing to New Caledonia direct from Fiji or Vanuatu
In order to participate in the rally the rally registration form must have been completed and submitted and payment of the rally entry fee have been made in full prior to the vessel departing its previous port.
Participants are free to choose where and when they depart for New Caledonia.
Vessels participating the rally can begin to arrive at the designated anchorage area anytime from the morning of the 22nd of September 2018.
On arrival vessels participating in the rally must have their Q flag aloft and no one is permitted to go ashore or board the vessel until such time as customs, immigration and biosecurity clearance formalities / inspections have been completed.
The clearance of vessels participating in the rally will commence at approximately 09:00 hours (GMT+11) on the 24th September 2018 and are expected to be completed by 15:00 hours on the same day (subject to vessel numbers).
Vessels are then free to either cruise the islands in the company of other rally participants or do so on their own - there is no set agenda once your clearance is obtained.
The Down Under Rally will assist to arrange for shuttle buses to take rally participants to the local shopping centre for provisioning and the local post office /ATM where local currency can be obtained.
Participants in the rally can at the time of joining the rally to choose to attend an Official Welcome Ceremony & Traditional Feast hosted by the local village.
Participants in the rally are also invited to attend a "Cruising New Caledonia" information session hosted by the rally organisers
Vessels who have not registered and paid the rally entry fee are not permitted to obtain clearance in the Loyalty islands and must proceed directly to the official port of entry, Noumea.
- Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia
- Island of Lifou
- Baie de Drueulu
- Approx anchorage waypoint:
20 55. 405 S /167 04.949 E
- Date of Clearance 24/09/2018
- Time of Clearance 09:00
rally Options & Costs
- Option 1 : $295 AUD - Clearance In Lifou Only
- Option 2: $395 AUD - Clearance in Lifou plus Official Welcome Ceremony & Traditional Feast for 2 people per vessel. The ceremony/feast will take place on the 25th September (extra persons $50.00 AUD per person - children under 13 years free to attend )
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY & PARTICIPATION
- By paying the participation fee you and all persons aboard your vessel agree to be bound by the the Down Under Rally terms and conditions of entry - click here to download / read rally terms and conditions of entry.
- Written requests for refunds up to 30 days prior to September 1st 2018 will receive a 100% refund. Refund requests for the DUR Loyalty Islands Rally entry fee must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the Down Under Rally prior to Spetember 1st 2018
- No refunds after September 1st 2018
- If for any reason the Down Under Rally cancels this rally a full refund will be made.