The primary goal of the Down Under 'Go East' Rally is to provide those who join the rally from Australia to New Caledonia with information, support & benefits.
Watch the video below to see some highlights from the 2017 Go East Rally
About the rally
The 2019 Down Under "Go East" rally will depart from The Gold Coast in Queensland in May 2019.
Rally Participants will receive:
- The opportunity to voyage to New Caledonia and cruise in New Caledonia & Vanuatu in company with other rally participants.
- Advice, individual & group support before, during and after the rally by Down Under Rally organisers.
- Participants email pack including the following guides :
- Preparing to depart Australia by yacht
- Preparing to visit New Caledonia
- Arriving and cruising in New Caledonia
- Lodgment of documentation required to obtain outward clearance from the Australian Border Force
- Full Service inward clearance on arrival in New Caledonia (quarantine, customs & immigration) at a rally specific location.
- Passage planning advise
- Professional Weather routing for the voyage from the Gold Coast to New Caledonia
- On Passage SSB / HF Daily Radio Position and Weather routing updates.
- Customised YIT web page with voyage tracking.
- An invite to our "Get to know your Iridium GO" & PredictWind Offshore App seminar.
- Informative departure briefing by the Down Under Rally
- Invitation to the Down Under Go East Rally "Bon Voyage Party"
- Invitation to the Down Under “Go East” Rally "Bonjour les Marins" events in Noumea.
- 2 x "Grotty Yachty" Down Under "Go East" Rally T-shirts (extras for crew available by order)
- 1 x Down Under "Go East" Rally Flag (extras for souvenirs available by order)
plus Discounts and special offers from our rally partners which we anticipate will be similar to those enjoyed by our 2018 participants which included:
- Discounts on marina berthing on the Gold Coast, Brisbane and in New Caledonia
- Discounts of up to 35% from marine chandlery supplies .
- Discounts on water makers, electronics , charts flags and more
- 20% Discount on Iridium Go marine package when purchased via PredictWind
- 20% rebate on Standard or Professional PredictWind 1 year Subscription
- 20% Discount on cruising guides for New Caledonia & Vanuatu.
- Discounts on Liferafts and safety equipment.
- Competitive pricing on Blue water vessel Insurance
- Competitive pricing on travel insurance tailored specifically for owners and crews of cruising yachts.
And much more ........
Special Announcement - Cruising With a Cause
In 2019 $40.00 from each Go East rally registration fee we receive will be donated to Operation Dog !
The goal of "Operation Dog" is to prevent the suffering of these animals, reduce the stress on the inhabitants of the island who suffer as a result of seeing their animals suffer.
In short "Operation Dog" is a program to control the dog population on the island in a humane manner.