Why join the Go West Rally ?
The rally entry fee is just $495.00 AU and includes all of the following benefits:
- Support, advise and accurate information from the rally organisers on every aspect of sailing to arriving in and visiting Australia.
- Your standard Australian yacht clearance fees are included in the rally entry fee.
- Comprehensive Guide to Visiting Australia
- Comprehensive Australian Arrival Instructions.
- Discounts on marina berths, haul outs, dry storage,chandlery items in Australia and New Caledonia.
- Free to attend rally rendezvous & briefing in Noumea New Caledonia. Click here for more rendezvous info.
- Free to attend Down Under Rally Welcome Week events including Cruising the East Coast of Australia presentations and many fun social activities. Click here to see the 2017 Welcome Week Event Calendar
- Free Seafood platter valued at $50.00 on arrival in Bundaberg
- SSB / HF Radio Position Reporting for passage to Australia.
- The chance to WIN PRIZES valued at over $6000.00 including 4 x free haul outs*
- Meet and mingle with friendly local cruisers with valuable knowledge.
- Down Under Cruisers Rally T-shirts x 2
- Down Under Rally Flag x 1
Your standard yacht clearance fees are included in the rally entry fee.
The Down Under Rally will pay the fees associated with the initial biosecurity pratique & timber inspection of all vessels that are registered participants of the 2017 Down "Go West" Rally. To qualify vessels must be registered as participants of the rally & they must arrive in the Port of Bundaberg, during normal working hours, between October 1st and November 10th 2017.
Why has the Down Under Rally decided to include this cost in the rally entry fee ?
The Down Under Rally understand that not knowing how much it might cost to enter the country is a major concern and a possible deterrent for those international yachts who are considering Australia as a destination. It is for this reason we have decided to include the cost of the initial biosecurity pratique & timber inspection in the rally entry fee.
How much would the customs & biosecurity clearance fees normally be ?
The Australian Border Force, also known as customs, do not charge a fee for inspecting and providing clearance into Australia for recreational vessel under 25m LOA during normal working hours.
The Australian government department of Agriculture & Water Resources, also known as Biosecurity do however charge a fee for service. As of January 2016 the fees charged by the biosecurity increased by about 17.5% in comparison to fees that were charged for the same service prior to January 2016.
The average cost for the initial biosecurity pratique & timber inspection for a well prepared vessel under 25m LOA is now about $400 aud, however the actual cost cannot be determined until such time as the inspection of the vessel and the associated documentation has been completed.
See this website www.agriculture.gov.au/fees for a summary and breakdown of the fees.
Please note: Overtime charges apply for clearance outside normal working hours and these fees are not included in the rally entry fee.
Flexible departure dates and locations.
The Down Under "Go West" Rally is a destination rally and open to all vessels departing from ports in the SW Pacific with Australia being their destination. Participants are free to depart for Bundaberg from New Caledonia,Vanuatu or any other port in the SW Pacific.
The primary goal of the Down Under "Go West" Rally is to provide those who are heading Down Under with a professional and informative introduction to Australia, and to ensure participants receive current and accurate information before you depart and when you arrive.
The Bundaberg Port Marina will be open to participants in the 2017 Down Under "Go West" Rally from October 1st - November 10th 2017. Rally participants are free to arrive in Bundaberg at anytime during this period.
There is nothing like local knowledge!
We are Australians, and we actively cruise in Australia. We know what you need to know and if we don't, we know how to find out!
We also work closely with rally participants & the Australian Border Control & Biosecurity to ensure that that all involved are fully aware of what is required before you arrive and what to expect upon arrival.
Our Welcome Week events make for a fun and informative introduction to Australia.
Testimonials from past participants
To see what past participants have to say about their Down Under "Go West" Rally experience please go to the Go West Testimonials page within the Go West section of this website.
All participants will be supporting our Cruising with a Cause
For every vessel that registers as a participant we will donate $25.00 to Sailors with disABILITIES which means that they can take one more person sailing for a day and maybe change their life.
Go West Rally 2017 dates:
- October 1st - November 10th 2017. The Bundaberg Port Marina will be open to participants in the 2017 Down Under "Go West" Rally. Rally participants are free to arrive in Bundaberg at anytime during this period.
- October 16th 2017 Down Under Rally Rendezvous, Port Moselle, New Caledonia. Information sharing, question and answer session, weather & route briefing. RSVP essential click here for more info
- 6th - 12th November 2017. Down Under Rally 2017 Welcome Week in Bundaberg.
Sailing & Cruising Australia
Click Here to read RECENT blogs and or watch videos made by fellow cruisers who have joined previous Down Under "Go West" rallies and cruised, or are still cruising, our Land Down Under.