“The primary goal of the Go North Multihull Solutions Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally is to provide those who join the rally from Australia to Indonesia with information, support and benefits before and during their visit”
Why choose the Multihull Solutions Sail 2 Indonesia Rally ?
Many insurance companies are stipulating that cruising yachts are to be below 26° degrees during the Queensland cyclone season (November 1st to the April 30th)
Assuming a departure date of May 1st (being the official end of cyclone season) from say Bundaberg with the view to arrive at the option 1 rally departure point being Thursday Island (TI) in the Torres Strait you will cover just over 1000 nm.
Covering this ground in 7 weeks is not a great challenge however it would certainly be a rush if you were to try and get as far as Darwin, which is nearly double the distance, in the same period of time.
The Multihull Solutions Sail 2 Indonesia Rally is all about choice!
You choose which rally option suits you:
• Option1 - Cruise in Company.
• Option 2 - Go your own way but let us handle the paperwork!
• Option 3 - The Combo - A combination of the two to best suit you!
See below for full explanation of rally options.
Departure Ports , Arrival Ports & Rally Options:
Your arrival port is going to be determines by which rally option you choose.
Option 1 – Cruise the Queensland Coast and clear out from Thursday Island (TI) in the Torres Strait.
By choosing option 1 you will be able to experience the magnificent cruising grounds of the Queensland coast a more leisurely pace as opposed to having to be continually on the move in order to get to Darwin. This is the ‘Cruise in Company option’ with a fixed Itinerary, lots of festivals & great fun.
If you choose option 1 your place of arrival will be Debut. Our Indonesian partners will meet and greet you in the Kai islands – Malaka Regency for the start of what will be a three and a half month experience of a lifetime.
Option 2 - Go your own way - For those who are not travelling into Indonesia from Australia
Option 2 provides participants with the opportunity to clear out from any SW Pacific port such as Noumea, New Caledonia or Luganville, Vanuatu and head straight to your entry port in Indonesia or maybe even visit Papua New Guinea on the way and Depart from the Royal Papua Yacht Club in Port Moresby.
Option 2 is free, independent cruise with all the support the rally provides along with some route suggestions (with some of the top spots noted) but with the itinerary up to you and a choice of arrival ports.
For those who choose option 2 your have the choice of 3 arrival ports. Which port you choose will depend on which regency you’d like to start your Indonesian adventure at and for how long you’re planning to take to cruise Indonesia. Arrival port options are:
• Debut – for those wishing to cruise the northern Regencies in the Banda Sea we can accommodate an early arrival at Debut in the Kai Islands one week earlier than the main fleet in option 1 above.
• Kupang – allows you to extensively cruise Indonesia’s southern islands at a relaxed pace.
• Lombok – with clearance at one of Indonesia’s only world-class marinas, Lombok is the perfect place to base yourself for extended travels with four of the main cruising areas within easy sail. Vessels can also be left here for extended period between cruising seasons, safely, securely and well looked after. Indonesia does after all boast over 17,000 islands, more than you could hope to experience in just one season.
Option 3 - The Combo
Combine option 1 & 2 and create your own itinerary.
Rendezvous in Cairns - North Queensland
Participants will be able to collect their Rally Packs at the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron from the beginning of June.
Your Rally Packs contain all the information you'll need for cruising the Far North Queensland Coast, Departure from TI (Thursday Island) and your arrival in Wonderful Indonesia.
A departure party is also planned for those rally participants who would like to meet up in Cairns before departing for Thursday Island. (Date to be advised.)
Rally Departure Date:
Skippers should plan for a rally start from TI (Thursday Island)12th – 15th July.
The confirmed departure date will be announced as soon as the Indonesian Ministry of Tourism Festival Route has been finalised, and is only an indication at this stage.
It is skipper’s responsibility to plan their passage to arrive at their port of entry into Indonesia within the clearance timeframe.
Rally Entry Fee & Benefits:
The rally entry fee of $595.00 AUD includes:
• Advice, individual & group support before, during and after the rally by Sail 2 Indonesia Rally organisers.
• Rally information packs and briefing papers
• Documentation required to obtain outward clearance from Australian Border Force for those departing Australia.
• Full Service inward clearance on arrival in Indonesia at a rally specific location for each vessel and two persons.
• Passage planning advise.
• 1 Rally satchel
• Gala dinners hosted by Local Government at destinations
• The opportunity to voyage and cruise in company with other vessels.
• Optional PredictWind fleet tracker allowing tracking of your vessel and the rally fleet for you, your friends & your family.
• An invite for 2 persons to attend our "Get to know your Iridium GO" & PredictWind Offshore App seminar.
Participants will also be eligible for Rally Good Deals!
As the Down Under Rally is now partnering with the Multihull Solutions Sail 2 Indonesia Rally all rally participants are eligible to take advantage of the many great benefits and offers from the Down Under Rally partner businesses.
Down Under Rally participants, past and present, have said that the discounts and deals they received as a Down Under Rally participants have saved more than the rally entry fee with Rally Good Deals on:
• Discounts on Marina fees from various marinas throughout Queensland
• Discounts on haul-outs and or hardstand fees from QLD based shipyards
• Discounted pricing on Iridium Go marine package when purchased via PredictWind
• 20% rebate on Standard or Professional PredictWind 1 year Subscription
• 20% Discount on Cruising Guide To Indonesia & Courtesy Flag packs.
• Discounts on Life rafts and safety equipment.
• Competitive pricing on Blue water vessel Insurance.
• Competitive pricing on travel insurance made specifically for owners and crews of cruising yachts.
The rally is made possible thanks to the generous support of the 2019 Sail 2 Indonesia Rally major sponsors.